To obtain HNG Wholesale's authorization to return a defective item for credit or replacement, simply contact Member Support within 30 days of purchase. Non-defective merchandise returns will incur a 20% restocking fee, and must also be returned within 30 days of purchase. Product boxes and/or items that have been written on or otherwise marked will not be considered for credit or replacement.
HNG Wholesale now uses an RMA system. Please do not attempt to make any returns without using the RMA system.
Non-defective merchandise must meet the following conditions to qualify for return acceptance.
- Merchandise must be in its original minimum inner pack quantity, as shipped by HNG Wholesale. Broken quantity inner packs are not returnable.
- Sample items are not returnable.
- Merchandise, merchandise packaging, and inner pack must bear no markings or be otherwise defaced or damaged.
Returns which do not meet the conditions described in this return policy will be returned and shipping cost of return will be charged.
ITEMS WITH GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES
If a purchased item includes a product guarantee or warranty follow the instructions on the guarantee or warranty for repair or replacement.
DAMAGED DURING SHIPMENT
WHAT IF I HAVE A CLAIM?
HNG Wholesale makes a supreme effort to see that your orders are shipped correctly and that they reach you safely. Every order shipped from HNG Wholesale is double-checked for accuracy. If a member places a claim for a shortage on an order, we take special care that it will not happen again. The member's file is flagged. Each order placed by a flagged account must be double-checked by a supervisor before it is packed and shipped. HNG Wholesale's quality control procedure is one of the most stringent in the industry. In addition to retaining overseas inspectors, each shipment is spot-checked on arrival. If excessive defects or a problem is found, the entire shipment is individually inspected and imperfects removed. Items are again randomly inspected on the order filling line.
HNG Wholesale seeks the best value which takes into account price as well as quality. We believe we offer the best quality for the lowest possible price. However, quality is subjective and viewed differently by each person. What appears to be a flaw to one person may be viewed as a natural mark of beauty to another. From time to time, claims may also arise because spot-checking cannot assure that 100% of flawed merchandise is removed.
HNG Wholesale uses Styrofoam pellets, foam encasements or air filled bags as cushioning material when packing your order. Pellets are much more costly than shredded newsprint which is commonly used. The pellets do not compact, and therefore offer more protection. They are much lighter than shredded paper thereby saving you shipping costs. To recycle the pellets, contact the Plastic Loose Fill Council at (800) 828-2214 or http://www.loosefillpackaging.com/.
Despite all of these precautions, claims do arise. HNG Wholesale's adjustment and return policy is truly very simple. We want to protect you and make you feel comfortable - and make certain you get what you pay for. We have established some requirements to make our policies and programs workable.
Claims will fall under the following categories: (1) Lost order, (2) Damaged merchandise, (3) Shortage on order, (4) Defective merchandise, (5) Wrong item sent, (6) Manufacturer's Guarantee defect.
It doesn't happen often, but shipping carriers do lose orders. If you have placed an order and have not received it in a reasonable period, do the following:
- Contact HNG Wholesale.
- Please have the following information ready:
- Your name as it appears on your HNG Wholesale purchase.
- Your HNG Wholesale account number or order number.
- A copy of the order submitted to HNG Wholesale.
- Approximate dollar amount remitted and how the order was paid. Personal check? Charge card? Money order?
- Your latest HNG Wholesale statement, if it shows the order in question.
- If a partial order was delivered and the invoice is included in one of the delivered cartons, please have this invoice available and a list of the missing items.
- HNG Wholesale will check our computer to find the date your order was shipped and the carrier used.
- HNG Wholesale will initiate a tracer with the carrier. Normally a response is received within 10 working days after the tracer is initiated. Most carriers require a 10-day waiting period before they will accept a tracer request. The U.S. Postal Service requires a 30-day waiting period from date of shipment before they will accept a tracer. (90 days outside continental U.S.)
- HNG Wholesale will notify you when we receive the result of the tracer. Results of a tracer are generally one of the following:
- The Carrier is unable to prove delivery. Therefore, credit has been issued to your account, or we have reshipped your merchandise as you requested.
- The Carrier will submit a photocopy of a delivery receipt which will be forwarded to you. It will show the order was delivered in full, and the signature of the person who received the order and the date it was delivered.
- If, after receiving the photocopy, you find the signature is not yours, a neighbor's or a member of your family's return the photocopy to HNG Wholesale together with a denial of signature letter. We'll then file a denial of signature claim with the carrier. This will require an additional 7 to 10 working days. We'll notify you of the results.
- The Carrier may have returned the order to HNG Wholesale for the following reasons:
- UPS made three attempts at delivery to you and no one was home.
- Your delivery address is a Post Office Box. UPS does not deliver to a Post Office Box. They notify you, but if no response is made within seven days, the package is returned to HNG Wholesale.
- You have moved and your order was sent to your former address. The package may have been retained by someone who signed for the package at your old address, or the shipment was returned to HNG Wholesale.
Inspect each box for signs of damage such as crushed, torn, open, unseamed tape, etc. If you do find outward damage, sign the receipt with the words "Exception - Damage." For United Parcel Service deliveries, request an RMA from HNG Wholesale and give the invoice number or the shipment involved. Explain the damage involved, number of cartons received and whether you desire a replacement or credit to your account. This information will prepare us for a claim report from the carrier.
Hidden Damage by carrier:
If you should receive a shipment delivered by carrier that shows no visible damage, but upon inspection you discover damage due to evident rough handling, request an RMA from HNG Wholesale within 30 days of invoice date and report the damage. HNG Wholesale will issue credit or replacement at your request.
If your drop-ship customer reports
You must notify your drop-ship customer that they need to:
Inspect each box for signs of damage such as crushed, torn, open, unseamed tape, etc. If you do find outward damage, sign the receipt with the words "Exception - Damage."
Then you will need to Request an RMA from HNG Wholesale, giving us your drop-ship customer's name and address. HNG Wholesale will reship to your customer or credit your account.
If you receive an order from HNG Wholesale and find it has not been filled completely:
- Check your invoice. If the item was out of stock, it was not charged to your account. If the item does not appear on your invoice, be sure to advise the Member Support Department representative when you contact or write.
- Thoroughly check the cartons and packing. Small items may be under the packing material. Upon receipt, check the condition of the cartons. If there is a shortage due to tampering, a claim must be placed with the carrier. Follow the same procedure as if there is damage.
- If there is no tampering and an actual shortage exists, request an RMA from HNG Wholesale. We'll need to know the invoice number, number of cartons received, the missing item number, and whether you prefer credit or a replacement.
- HNG Wholesale will investigate the shortage. When the item is confirmed as not shipped, it will be shipped or credit will be issued to your account, whichever you prefer.
- If reweighing your shipment or other checking procedures indicates all items were shipped, we will advise you.